Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thanksgiving Menu

I love Thanksgiving, and now that I'm responsible for cooking the meal, I love planning out every detail. Here's what we're having.

Turkey (stuffed with garlic, sage, apples, and onions/breast lined with garlic and sage)
Stuffing (cooked outside of the turkey)
gravy
skin-on mashed potatoes
cranberry-apple sauce (Katie-style)
sweet potato casserole
potato rolls
(sorry Katie, no green bean casserole this year... you're not here to eat it)
wine
sparkling cider

pumpkin pie
cranberry apple pie
pumpkin bread

Mmm. I can smell it already.

2 comments:

Keri said...

What kind of stuffing do you fix? Do you make it yourself or use Stove Top or Pepperidge Farm? We were just having a conversation about this. I grew up on Stove Top and David grew up on homemade cornbread dressing with celery. I'd like to try something new.

Karen said...

I don't know. I alternate between cornbread and bread stuffing. I usually buy Pepperidge Farm in the big bag and add chicken broth and veggies (celery, parsley, onion, mushrooms) for flavor. The package says to cook it on the stovetop, but I put it in the oven when it's hydrated and mixed. It seems less doughy that way. My sister's husband likes old-fashioned Southern cornbread dressing though, which seems very different from the yankee kind I grew up eating.