Monday, March 12, 2007

God brought Luke home to Heaven

We took the youth group on a retreat this weekend, and in the middle of it, Justin called to say that Luke passed away on Friday night. My heart's so heavy with the thought of what it would be like to lose one of my little ones. I just feel for Holly so much. I know that God is giving them strength and peace, but I'm sure they feel the sting of death too. In the midst of this tragic loss, I'm so thankful that we have a God who understands the pain of death and the suffering we feel now, before we go to Heaven. He cares enough to promise that those who mourn will be comforted. Praise God for his goodness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, are Justin and Holly CC'ers? I don't know them but I was just touched immensely by their blog.. Thank you.
Skip Gienapp

Keri said...

My heart is heavy, too, Karen, and I don't even know them, but I'm a mother and it breaks my heart to think of the affect sin has in our world. Thank you for sharing about this dear couple and I echo Skip. I have been touched immensely by their blog as well.

Keri

Karen said...

Skip-- Justin went to Covenant when I did, but he transferred to a school in Chicago to study engineering. Justin and Holly are from the same city that Matt and I are though.

Keri--It was good to run into you today. We need to have you over, really. I'm not just saying that to be polite. I think we'd have a lot to talk about and it would be nice to get the girls together. Let me know if there's a good time for you. ;)