Friday, August 15, 2008

sheer vanity

Making pies, eating pies


After a fun morning of blueberry picking with a few good friends and all of our hot sweaty children, I decided to try to make my first blueberry pie. In an effort to economize, I decided to use up some overly ripe peaches in another pie. Why heat up the house for one pie if you've got room for two and the oven's already on?

Why is baking a pie so satisfying? Maybe this is how neatnicks feel when they've cleaned their whole house. I don't know for sure, because I'm hardly neat and tidy. I do love the simple pleasure of making something tasty with my own two hands, especially when I get to see the whole family loving every messy bite.

1 comment:

linda said...

yum, you are such the baker. Thanks so much for keeping my kiddies. you are such a sweet friend, and I hope you know I'm thinking and praying for you in all your current worry. By the way, I forgot about curves on Wed, Friday?